Senut Shrine In Process

12:03 PM

I've finally learned the details of Senut in the Kemetic Orthodoxy, so I've decided I might as well begin setting up my shrine.

I've decided to keep my Senut shrine separate from the shrine I've already made. The one I've been using is small enough to make room somewhere else for a second one, though it is tedious work! I've also decided to DIY it since I don't have everything I needed right off the bat... but it's proved to be a pretty fun project. It adds a sort of value you to it since I've devoted a portion of my time into making it.

I'm using an old jewelry box for the base. Since the box was for a child, it only had two compartments: a top and a bottom with a shelf in between. This makes it so convenient to put icons of the Netjeru or offerings on the top and bottom. In the interior, along the backside of the box, I decorated it with a printed out picture of hieroglyphs as some sort of backdrop, which I'm so far really liking. I laid down some white fabric on the shelf and on the "floor" of the box. Sizing the fabric was a chore, but it's packed down and looks much better than the scratched wood beneath it.

I'm planning on using the drawers to put icons in or I'll use them to put my offering bowls on... I haven't really decided. It's come along well so far though! It may look somewhat small when it's all packed together, but when I have it fully laid out it looks like it could be really nice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments